Safety LMS & PMI are back in Austin on July 23-27th
All of us at Safety LMS are extremely excited to announce that PMI is returning to our Austin facility at the end of July for a SPRAT/Rope Access course.
Why use rope access?
Modern rope access equipment, techniques, and training can be combined to produce an exceptionally safe, versatile, efficient, and cost-effective way to solve vertical access problems.
- Rope access is safe. Independently-certified rope-access technicians uphold an enviable safety record and few lost time incidents while working on rope.
- Rope access is versatile. Technicians can apply the techniques in a wide variety of environments from confined-space penstocks, massive concrete structures, and complicated steel installations. Unlike traditional access methods, custom rope-access solutions can be designed to fit various applications quickly and inexpensively.
- Rope access is efficient. Systems are installed and dismantled quickly and often require fewer personnel than traditional access methods. Rapid deployment limits disruption to facility operations by minimizing downtime.
- Rope access is economical. Fewer personnel, faster completion, less equipment, and minimal downtime mean lower costs.
What skills will you learn in the class?
Participants will learn many skills, including but not limited to:
- Ascending and descending
- Rope to rope transfers
- Passing knots
- Short and long re-belays
- Passing deviation anchors
- Passing and installing rope protection
- Basic knot craft
- The importance of fall factors
- Mechanical advantage systems
Registration deadline: July 6th, 2018
Spaces remaining: 6
Includes: SPRAT registration fee, lunch provided each day, 4 days of instruction, course material, evaluation
“Evaluation & 2 Practice Days”
Includes: SPRAT registration fee, 2 practice days (Intended for practice only, not instruction), evaluation
Includes: SPRAT registration fee, and evaluation